Talent assessment is all about managing people, that is, hiring the right person for the right job, evaluating candidates for appraisals, and managing and developing work teams. Though companies have been using talent assessment tools for many years, they still are doubtful about a few aspects. There are a few myths about talent assessment that people have, and they are not true at all.
Here we try to uncover those myths and help you understand the real reasons behind these misconceptions:
- No value addition: The hiring managers believe that assessments don’t add value to the process, but just elongate the process. Studies suggest that using the right assessment tools help predict job success at a far better rate, compared to any other method. These accurately help find the best-fit candidates for a job position. They not just assess the candidates’ knowledge and skills but test their adaptability and alignment with companies’ core values.
- Just hiring tools: Though these tools are being primarily used for hiring purposes, they are also utilized at every stage of decision making. They give valuable insights into team dynamics, SWOT analysis of teams, and commitment towards the company.
- Creates panic within candidates: With proper guidelines and instructions, talent assessment tools help ease out the anxiety a candidate has towards the recruitment process. Companies need to be more specific and detailed about the job roles and the overall company policies to the candidates. This would help create a positive cohesive work environment and optimistic brand image.
- Can be faked: Talent assessment tools are scientifically designed, and any attempt to manipulate responses can be detected. These are psychological questionnaires and they uncover all the behavioral and thought processes of a candidate.
- Cannot measure effectiveness: In fact, talent assessment tools have data which can be used to measure the business impact of the hiring decisions. The assessment helps one find out whether the candidates are fit for the crucial positions. They help create a talent strategy for the company and boost workforce performances.
The organizations need to make sure that they hire the right candidatesfor the job vacancies. This would help their organization excel in a very positive way, and would help the recruiter and the recruits, both at the same time.